Pages

Monday 20 April 2015

the colour purple

hi again....

you can't tell, but i'm REALLY glad you're reading this

it means i ACTUALLY have an "audience"

I'm also smiling about my choice of song for "constant replay" accompanying this post
It's actually not on play as i write this (i'm watching African Magic Ede Yoruba)...or more precisely a Yoruba movie on youtube...while at work (of course!)

can u possibly guess wot song  it is from the opening lyrics?...
(DON'T LOOK AT THE VID YET!)

You there with the sad eyes, don't be discouraged though I realize
It's hard to take courage, in a world full of people
You can lose sight of it and the darkness, inside you
Makes you feel so small...


and then the words you'll prolly recognize

But I see your true colors shining through
I see your true colors that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors, true colors are beautiful
Oh like a rainbow




you can catch up with the video and the rest of the lyrics AFTER you read this post...lol
for now...let's focus on me (of course)

I usually listen to this song when i'm feeling a bit melancholic 
There's a  part of the song...the bridge i think that simply soothes...

Such sad eyes take courage now, realize
When this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up because you know I'll be there


I'm the sad eyes of course...whose full burst of TRUE colors is yet to be displayed
On the other hand, i'm also the one who'll ALWAYS be there for myself
(Thinking i can depend on anyone else all the time is simply setting myself up for even more disappointment than what caused the sadness in the first place...)

But back to the true colors, and "the color purple" ...




I've never actually read the book, or seen the movie for that matter. Never got around to it
But i constantly watched its preview on a VHS tape for another movie i used to watch as a kid.  I still remember the baritone voice-over on the trailer saying...

"It's about life. It's about love. It's about us."

And that is what comes to mind every-time i hear or use the phrase "the color purple". Love, Life and Us (whoever that may include ant any given time)

Are u (like the main character(s) in the book...i read the wiki synopsis) in disparity with traditional and society-expected gender, social, racial or emotional roles? I am...
Do you find yourself seeking to commune with someone to understand, even if not agree with those disparities...God, a sister, a friend?...I do

Does love seem far away, life seem unclear, and the concept of an "us" (you and other person(s) in aligned thought and essence) non-existent...? 
(still working on how to answer that...ha ha)

Refer back to the  lines in the chorus and remember...

Some-one WILL love you for your true colors
Even if it IS the color purple...

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment